Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Marching to Bataan, My Mount Samat Adventure!

I was not always a fan of history but there is something in Historical Places that facinates me.

Bataan is rich in culture, history and great places to visit! Just about an hour drive from Subic ( Olongapo ), you can reach the Famous Mount Samat. For those travelling via private vhicle, you will see road signs that will help you reach the place. For those using the public busses, I think Genesis Line from Cubao and Victory liner offers direct seat to Bataan. Travel time is about 4 hours from Manila, you can get there even faster if you try to leave early and beat the traffic.

This was my first visit to Bataan, I was surprise to see big houses alongside the road. It's kinda unusual to see that in between rice fields, you see huge modern concrete houses that you just usually see on Posh villages and subdivisions in the cities. Well,I guess, Bataan indeed is full of surprises!


We're almost there!!!

We can see the cross from here....

Photo taken along the road to Mt Samat. There are lots of religious statues that you will see alongside the road and this is just one of them.



This is my friend, Shei, posing with the time tablet memorial under the Dambana ng Kagitingan...

Here's the famous Bataan Icon - The Mt.Samat Cross ( Ang Dambana ng Kagitingan)

The statues at the bottom of the cross shows episosdes of our history




Admiring the sceneries and enjoying the cool air from the view deck inside the Cross tower..

A view from the top..

I think I can see Manila from here!



The long pathway down from the cross viewing deck to the museum

My friends posing outside the Museum, Kudos to the Bataan goverment for keeping this tourist spot clean!\
This is Michael, taking pictures of the museum and cross from below. I wonder if he's getting the right angle this time? hmm... He's the one who invited us to this trip. Thank you to his Uncle Tito Jun and family who accomodated us in this trip.

See how big the canyon is! I'm just glad the war is over.

And what did we do during the night?
We danced and sang our hearts out, thank you to our good host and Hostesses. See, we found some new friends!





This is the gang posing in front of Tito Jun's house, admiring the fresh air of Bataan for the last time before, we head back to Manila

And so this is my trip to Bataan... Until next time!!!! See you in my next blog entry! Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ang ganda! naging historic lalo nung kasama ka sa mga Pictures!